Samsung has completed the development of its 200 MP camera for the Galaxy S23

SamMobile has affiliated and sponsored partnerships. If you buy something through one of these links, we may earn a commission.

Last updated: May 9, 2022 at 15:14 UTC + 02: 00

Several reports have arrived claiming that Samsung is working on a new 200 MP camera for its upcoming flagships for 2023. Rumors now claim that Samsung Electronics has completed the development of its new 200 MP sensor and that the company is in the process of selecting its suppliers.

The components department of the Korean technology conglomerate, Samsung Electro-Mechanics, will receive 70% of orders for the new 200 MP ISOCELL sensor. Samsung Electronics and its other partners are said to produce the remaining 30% of orders – via ETNews.

After completing the final design, Samsung is reportedly stepping up production of a so-called ISOCELL HP3 sensor to be ready in time for its next series of flagship smartphones 2023. Namely, the Galaxy S23 could be Samsung’s first device to use 200MP ISOCELL HP3.

Not the same as ISOCELL HP1

Some of you may know that Samsung already has a 200 MP camera ready, called ISOCELL HP1. But just a friendly reminder that the upcoming 200 MP sensor for the Galaxy S23 is not the same as the HP1.

The so-called ISOCELL HP3 is an upgraded version of HP1, but how it remains unclear. As a reference point, the HP1 can record 8K and 4K videos and boasts features such as advanced HDR and dual super phase detection autofocus.

In addition to keeping hardware details secret, Samsung is also silent on the launch of the Galaxy S23. At least for now. It is too early to petrify anything; however, Galaxy fans expect the company to host the Unpacked event for its future flagship early next year.

The leaks will probably start pouring in a bit later during 2022, so if you don’t mind ruining the Unpacked party, stay tuned and we’ll let you know the speed as soon as more details about the Galaxy S23 series come out.

Join the SamMobile Telegram Group and subscribe to our YouTube channel to receive current news and detailed reviews of Samsung devices. You can also subscribe to receive our news on Google News and follow us further Twitter.

Leave a Comment