Morning, Smithtown! Diane Witek is here to introduce you all to the start of this Monday, May 9, with notice. Here’s everything you need to know about what’s going on in Smithtown today.
First, today’s time:
Airy and warmer. High: 62, low: 49.
Greetings to our main local sponsor:
Want to buy or sell a house in the Smithtown area? Glenn Barnett and the team at Integrity Core Realty have over 50 years of real estate experience. Glenn specializes in helping first-time home buyers find the home of their dreams, as well as seniors looking to reduce the number in their golden years. He knows every corner and hole of the Smithtown market and what it takes to get customers under contract in this fast-changing market. Contact Glenn here today.
Want to see your company represented here? Click here to get started.
Here are the main stories today in Smithtown:
- St James / Smithtown Little League: “Moms who carried bags of bats and broke new gloves. The ones who packed lunches between two heads and rubbed grass stains off our uniforms. That gave us fives when we won and held us when we were lost.” (Facebook)
- Smithtown Historical Society: “Give goat yoga as a gift this year and join us and our friends from Steppin ‘Out Ponies and Petting Zoo. Experience a fun 45-minute yoga class with us! The sessions are filling up so be sure to buy your tickets in advance.” (Facebook) (website)
- Smithtown Library Kids: “These smart kids were able to solve puzzles to get out of our Learning Lab in our Escape the Makerspace Jr ..” program (Facebook)
- Smithtown Center for the Performing Arts: “Auditions for our upcoming Children’s Theater Productions ‘Elephant & Piggie and Knuffle Bunny’ are now underway! See you at SPAC! Information: smithtownpac.org, #spac, #longislandtheatre.” (Facebook) (website)
- Neighbor, Forestwood: – Fox or Coyote? – This has already appeared and I was among the skeptics who suspected that there was a fox in Smithtown. But I think I changed my mind. I saw this guy in the yard this morning. The picture quality is poor, I had about … ” (In the neighbourhood)
More from our sponsors – thank you for supporting local news!
- Meet and greet the candidate. (May 9)
- An evening of meetings and greetings of candidates. (May 9)
- Open Day for “Summer to Remember!” (May 14)
- (mostly) TRUE THINGS Storytelling Show. (May 14)
- Add your event.
You are officially up to date for today! See you tomorrow on another update.
– Diane Witek
About me: passionate writer, website designer, social media marketer and newly proclaimed Baker. Lover of nature and animals of all kinds.
Do you have any news advice or suggestions for the upcoming Smithtown Daily? Contact me at [email protected]